Deposit for Booking Confirmation
Bookings can be pencilled on request, but will not be confirmed until the booking form is completed and received along with the booking fee and bond. Other groups requesting the use of the Awhitu Environmental Camp could have priority over tentative bookings if they confirm payment of the booking fee and bond.
- Bookings may not cover Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays. They are to be made only for a normal work week of Monday to Friday.
- Bookings must be confirmed at least 6 weeks prior to the date of use or the booking may be forfeited. It could take up to 2 weeks to work through the confirmation process.
- Each booking held requires a separate deposit. A 50% deposit of all costs is required no later than 4 weeks from the confirmed dates; this is non-refundable if a cancelation is made. The final statement (full payment) is required 2 weeks prior to commencement of any training activities to be conducted or accommodation to be hired out.
- You may request an invoice for the deposit if required.
- Deposits can be made either by cheque or bank transfer:
- Cheques to be made payable to The High Wire Charitable Trust
- Internet banking: 12-3031-0328248-00
- A receipt will be posted to you confirming receipt of your deposit.
- High Wire Charitable Trust (HWCT) reserves the right to refuse any booking for any reason without explanation.
- HWCT reserves the right to cancel any booking for any breach by the client of Awhitu Terms and Conditions of Hire.
- By signing the attached application for hire you accept responsibility for the group, their conduct and all costs incurred.
Cancellation and Refund Policy (Please Read Carefully)
- The deposit is refunded, less any fees applicable, if the cancellation is received in writing more than 14 days in advance of the first day booked. We reserve the right to cancel all future unconfirmed bookings at that time.
- Where a booking is cancelled for any reason within 14 days of the first day booked, you will not be refunded your deposit.
- In exceptional circumstances a booking may be postponed and the deposit carried over (new bookings must be within a 3 month period of the original dates subject to availability). Postponement for any reason (whether, health or unexpected family commitments etc.) is at the discretion of HWCT and will be examined on a case by case basis.
- Failure of a group to make use of the next set of suitable dates (within the 3 month period of postponement) as negotiated by the group organiser and HWCT, it will result in the forfeit of the full deposit. This is at our sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to hire the facility to any other hirer.
- A refund of deposit will be given only where the cancellation criteria (above) is met.
- All refunds incur a 25% administration fee.
An invoice will be prepared and sent out via mail/email.
- Groups are expected to pay the invoice in full by the due date requested unless prior arrangements are made.
- Failure to pay the invoice in full will result in future bookings being automatically cancelled and a penalty fee of 10% will be added to your balance.
- All paid deposits will be deducted at the time of invoicing.
- Failure to pay an invoice will result in HWCT taking all available steps to recover the amount owed and any cost incurred during the recovery will be added to your total.
- All damages and losses will also be charged on your invoice.
Please request latest Fee Schedule prior to booking your camp. Our fees are subject to change and are generally reviewed annually with new fees commencing 1st January each year.
- Groups are charged on a per person nightly rate.
- You will be charged as per the fee schedule on a nightly basis.
Use of Facility and Service
Pre-arrival please phone and coordinate with the Camp Manager at least 24 hours before arrival to arrange handover of the facilities. He can be reached at this number: 022 1232 898.
Awhitu Environmental Camp Activities are now run by the hirer utilising HWCT equipment requested at the time of booking, HWCT will make available to the required equipment in support of requested activities on the dates advised on the booking form.
- Kayaking can be made available at an extra charge IF requested and the appropriate staff are available. There is an inherent amount of risk involved in all outdoor activities. HWCT takes all reasonable steps to minimize these risks through sound practice and policies. All participants on a HWCT Kayaking Activity must adhere to these policies at all times. A HWCT approved instructor MUST supervise all outdoor equipment in the event of kayaking alternately you may wish to hire your own specialist trainer and use their equipment. If that is an option then HWCT takes no responsibility for any training outcomes, specialist equipment, qualified instructors, RAMS and Standing Operating Procedures.
Fires, Vehicles and Out Camps
- All persons participating in out camps must adhere to the rubbish and waste disposal procedures outlined by the Camp Manager and Awhitu General Rules & Regulations.
- Vehicles are not permitted in the camp and must be parked at the gate in the space provided.
- For health and safety reasons groups may no longer use the kitchen, HWCT provides a full time cook.
Code of Conduct for all Guests
The Group Organiser is responsible for the camp rules being adhered to by every camper and will be responsible to HWCT for expenses incurred through any breaking of these rules. Each group is expected to manage their own group. Appropriate control must be maintained at all times. We reserve the right to enter any part of the camp as necessary in order to ensure the safety and well-being of all camp property.
- We have a noise curfew of 11.00 pm – unless prior arrangements have been made with the Camp Manager.
- Please consider the comfort and enjoyment of other guests during your stay.
- Rude or hostile behaviour towards HWCT staff or anyone else on the premise will not be tolerated.
- Please report all breakages and damage as soon as possible so the Camp Manager can attend to it. These may be charged during invoicing if deemed a direct result of your group’s behaviour rather than being the result of general wear and tear.
- The Awhitu Environmental Camp is a no smoking area. If it is necessary smokers must smoke outside the gate in the vehicle area. No butts are to be left behind.
- No alcohol is to be consumed on camp grounds.
- All drugs apart from prescription medication are not permitted.
- We are a Self-Clean Facility; please make sure you come equipped for this and that the clean-up is completed thoroughly. Additional charges may be incurred should the area(s) be left in an unacceptable condition.
Health and Safety
There are processes in place to assist guests to have a safe and enjoyable stay.
In the interests of running a safe and enjoyable camp, the following requirements must be met:
- All Groups must attend an orientation talk upon their arrival at camp. This is compulsory and you should ensure it is scheduled into your program.
- Information supporting the orientation talk is posted around the Camp for your perusal. Please ask the Camp Manager for assistance if you have any questions.
- We require a number of adults to sleep in the chalets with the children. Children are your responsibility at all times, they must adhere to all camp rules. We reserve the right to dismiss any child or adult who does not adhere to the camp rules which everyone will be made aware of upon arrival.
- The operation of the Awhitu Environmental Camp must adhere to the Health and Safety Plan and Policies outlined in the supporting documents. All guests staying at the camp agree to abide by these rules. Any refusal to follow HWCT staff requests will result in offenders being asked to leave the Camp confines.
- This information will be communicated to the whole group at the time of arrival into camp by way of a verbal briefing.
General Rules and Regulations
Groups may not…
- Use the facilities for any other purpose than those agreed upon at the time of hiring.
- Sub-hire the facilities, or allow any other person to use the facilities.
- Use any other part of the facility other than those reserved at the time of booking.
- Move or alter any furnishings or fixtures without permission.
- Place or stick notices or advertisements in the facility other than on the notice boards, unless permission has been granted by the Camp Manager.
- Erect any tent or structure without permission.
- Bring any dangerous goods or contraband into the camp without prior permission.
HWCT require that…
- All high risk activities (Kayaking) must be run according to HWCT Safety Management Plan and Standard Operating Procedures.
- HWCT reserves the right to host another group in available accommodation and to utilise any equipment not specifically booked.
- All Groups must provide $2 coins for the use of the coin operated washing machines and dryer.
- All rubbish accumulated is taken off site with you on departure OR orange/yellow council bags can be purchased and filled to be placed on the road side for the next available rubbish day.
Termination of Hire
HWCT reserves the right to terminate the hire for breaches of our Terms and Conditions of Hire. In this event you must vacate the camp immediately at the sole expense of the Group. No discussion will be entered into.
- There will be no reduction in cost if the hire is terminated due to a breach of Conditions of Hire and any damage caused will be charged on the invoice.
- HWCT can elect to ban specific members from the camp if they are found to be in breach of the Conditions of Hire. They must vacate the camp immediately at the Group’s expense.
- Early departure or termination of hire will not result in a reduction or refund of fees. Fees will be charged as normal for all unused hire.
- The Police will be contacted for any matters involving violence, theft or abuse of HWCT staff or facilities.
Cancellation of Hire by HWCT
The Camp Manager may cancel the hire at short notice if the following occurs:
- The facility is deemed not fit for hire due to environmental or intentional damage.
- The facility or the factors contributing to transport to and from the camp (including the road) are deemed unsafe or not fit for use / hire.
- The Group has breached the conditions of hire.
- HWCT will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from cancellation.
Sounds great! How do I book or enquire?
If you want to make a detailed booking enquiry use our easy online booking request form